High-precision Encoder Head Configurable for Small Gaps, Achieving Better than Submicron Resolution and Miniaturization, Ideal for Embedding in Applications
The SMD-01A is a miniature, reflective optical encoder head that incorporates a LED and high-precision analog amplifier. It generates low-noise high-precision analog signals, due to the unique semiconductor process used to fabricate the CMOS amplifier, and achieves better-than-submicron high resolution, in combination with an interpolation circuit.
It reduces signal degradation caused by errors in mounting position to a minimum, greatly reducing the assembly process workload required for a high-precision encoder, and simultaneously supports the miniaturization and high accuracy requirements of customer’s products.
- Miniature package: 14-pin HCOB (5.3 × 4.3 × 1.68mm)
- High-precision A/B-phase analog outputs
- Noise-resistant differential output support
- Reduced effects due to variations in the relative position of the scale for simplified assembly processing
- 5V or 3.3V supply voltage operation
- Supply voltage range: 3.13 to 5.25V (SWV=H)
4.75 to 5.25V (SWV=L or H)
- Operating temperature range: -20 to +60°C
Supports configurations with gap of less than 4mm between glass scale (required separately) and encoder (including PCB).
Ideal for use as an encoder embedded in applications.
Single-chip encoder achieves better than submicron resolution with its high-class signal precision, in combination with an external interpolation circuit.
- Assembly machines
- Laser optical axis control
- Measuring instruments
- High-precision rotary encoders
- Various miniature motors