The SM3600AP is a magnetic sensor module that incorporates magnetic sensor elements, amplifier IC, and bias magnet in a single, compact package. Integration of the functions in a compact package decreases the susceptibility of error due to external noise.
It employs ultra-small nano-granular TMR*1 type magnetic sensor elements and an amplifier IC with an auto bias function built-in to achieve high-sensitivity magnetism detection and high-stability output characteristics. The SM3600AP can detect magnetic inks used in securities (stocks and bonds) using a non-contact method, making it ideal for a diverse range of discrimination devices.
*1. TMR: Tunnel Magneto-Resistance
- Magnetic sensor elements, amplifier IC, bias magnet incorporated in a single package
- Amplifier IC gain: 60dB, DC output
- Auto bias function built-in
(amplifies magnetic field variation, and outputs signal relative to VDD/2)
- Detects magnetism using non-contact technique
- High stability output, independent of magnetic detection speed
- Detection width: 3.0mm
- Supply voltage range: 4.5 to 5.5V
- Output voltage range: 1.0 to 4.0V (VDD = 5.0V)
- 8-pin DIP package: 9.4mm (W) x 6.5mm (D) x 6.8mm (H)
High Sensitivity Magnetism Detection