Seiko NPC Corporation (HQ: Taito-ku, Tokyo; President: Hiroaki Okawa) added “Automotive use version” to crystal oscillator IC 7101 series with f0 adjustment function.
This version is an IC manufactured based on the IATF16949 system, which is a quality management system standard for the automotive industry. Therefore, we can also support PPAP (Production Parts Approval Process).
1. Automotive use quality
This product is manufactured on the assumption that customers will develop products (crystal oscillators) for use in automobiles that comply with the AEC-Q100 quality standard. Therefore, it has the specification and quality management system necessary for use as its parts.
We can provide services for PPAP (Production Parts Approval Process) upon customer request.
2.Oscillation frequency (f0) adjustment function
The 7101 built in function that allows the customer to adjust the oscillation frequency (f0). As a result, after the crystal oscillator is assembled, the frequency can be corrected by the customer for variations in the crystal blank, resulting in higher accuracy.
The 7101 has a built-in function that can set the frequency division number of the oscillation frequency (f0) to obtain the output frequency required by the customer. This allows you to select the output frequency that meets your requirements after the crystal oscillator is assembled, helping to reduce the customer’s management costs.
- Applicable supply voltage range：1.6V to 3.63V (HAver.)、2.25V to 3.63V (HAPver.)
- Oscillation frequency ：16 to 100MHz (HAver.)、100 to 125MHz (HAPver.)
- Output frequency ：0.25 to 100MHz (HAver.)、1.5625 to 125MHz (HAPver.)
- Operating temperature range ： -40℃ to +125℃
- Chip size ： 0.6mm×0.62mm
- Output level ： CMOS
- Embedded memory ：Nonvolatile memory (OTP: One Time Programmable)
- f0 adjustment function
– Adjustment method : OTP Memory writing
– Oscillator load capacitance (CL) : 5pF
– Frequency adjustment range： ±30ppm (min)
– Frequency adjustment resolution： 1.5ppm/bit (max)
- Frequency division function
– Setting method ： OTP Memory writing
– Selectable divider’s ratio : 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, 1/16, 1/32, 1/64
- Phase noise characteristics
– HAPver. (fosc=100MHz, VDD=3.3V)：
-87dBc/Hz@10Hz, -140dBc/Hz@1kHz, -157dBc/Hz@100kHz
– HAver. (fosc=40MHz, VDD=3.3V)：
-77dBc/Hz@10Hz, -133dBc/Hz@1kHz, -155dBc/Hz@100kHz
- Low standby current (oscillator stopped, power saving pull-up resister.)
- Built-in oscillation detection circuit
- Output 3 state function（Output clock signal, Standby mode：Hi-Z）
※In program mode, SDA pin is the serial interface data input/output.
- Electrical equipments for automotive use (W-LAN, sensing camera, distance / speed measurement radar, smart key, GPS)