SEIKO NPC Corporation (NPC) (HQ: Chuo-ku, Tokyo, President: Hiroaki Okawa) has started mass
production and shipment of interpolation IC for magnetic encoders, “SM3473A/SM3473B”.
SM3473A/SM3473B is an interpolation IC which has realized simplified function setup and especially low current consumption, developed by utilizing the technology of “SM3470BB”(under mass production) which provides up to 32-times interpolation. It has a built-in analogue amplifier that is most suitable for magnetic encoders of small output amplitude. Maximum input frequency is 50kHz, and interpolation can be selected from among x1,x2,x4,x8,x16. Compared with SM3470BB, current consumption has been reduced to 1/10 which is ideal for equipments that require miniaturized battery and low power cunsumption. You can choose either SM3470BB(high performance) or SM3473A/SM3473B(low corrent consumption) according to your applications.
Features and specification
- Interpolation switching function : x1, x2, x4, x8, x16 (selectable)
A version：×1, ×2, ×4, ×8
B version：×2, ×4, ×8, ×16
- Input frequency : 500kHz (max)
- Supply voltage : 3.0 to 5.5V
- Current consumption : 2.6mA(Vdd=5V), 1.0mA(Vdd=3.3V)
- Input signal amplitude : 33mVpp to 600mVpp(Vdd=5V)
- Analogue signal gain : 5 to 30(21step)
- Operating temperature range : – 20 to +85℃
- Package : QFN16pin(size: 3mm x 3mm)
- Application : Camera lens, measuring device, industrial robot
|SM3473||Under mass production||100k pcs|
Custom IC Development
Seiko NPC is manufacturing encoder-related products – optical encoders, interpolation ICs, etc. Furthermore, Seiko NPC undertakes customization that meets each customer’s unique requirement.
Seiko NPC will keep on expanding lineups of various magnetic sensor products for consumer and industrial equipments that require high precision and excellent performances.